There are multiple ways to view the virtual performance on a TV (see below), though most require access to a web browser, and therefore, an internet connection.
We recommend testing your preferred method with your access link prior to the start of the livestream for a stress-free viewing experience – you can test this anytime and you will see a countdown timer up until the livestream begins on concert day.
For instruction on how to stream to your TV, see device specifics below:
Laptop with an HDMI cable: To connect a laptop to a TV with HDMI, just plug an HDMI cable into the HDMI port on each of the devices. If you purchased your television within the last ten years, chances are very good it has an HDMI port. If your laptop doesn’t have an HDMI port, you’ll need an adapter.
Apple TV/Airplay: You must use an Apple device (iPhone, iPad, Mac computer) to connect to your Apple TV.
First, make sure both your Apple devices are on the same WiFi network. It is recommended that you open and begin watching the video on your selected Apple device and then click the airplay icon in the top right corner of the video to broadcast the video to your Apple TV.
Smart TV: If your TV has a web browser app, it is recommended to log into your email account first on your TV. Next, open the email containing your show specific link and click the button link to watch. This should open a new window, pulling in your unique access code and the video player. The video should start automatically, if not, click play.
Amazon Fire Stick: In order to watch on with your Amazon Fire Stick, you must first download the free browser, Amazon Silk.
- Download App: https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Amazon-Silk-Web-Browser/dp/B01M35MQV4
- Using this browser, log into your email and open the show specific link and click the button link to watch. (You may need to click the request desktop site in the top menu to read the whole email.)
- Allow the browser to leave the page.
- This should open a new window, pulling in your unique access code and the video player. The video should start automatically, if not, click play.
Roku: First, make sure both your mobile device and Roku device are on the same WiFi network. In order to watch on your Roku device, you must first download the following app on your mobile device for $4.99 and follow these steps:
- Download App: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/150902/mirror-for-roku
- Add the Mirror for Roku channel to your Roku device and then open the channel.
- On your mobile device, open the Mirror for Roku app and mirror your device to your Roku device.
- Open the link from your email in your mobile browser, rotate your device and click play to watch it full screen. Turn the volume off on your mobile device to enjoy!
Chromecast: Chromecast only works for viewing the performance if you are using an Android device. You will need a Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, or TV with Chromecast built-in.
- Make sure your cell phone or tablet is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the device you want to cast your screen to.
- Tap Cast my screen > “Cast screen.